(40 hrs per week June-August 2018)
Based in Detroit @ the Floyd HQ
Floyd is changing the way people buy and engage with furniture. Our products are built around the idea that furniture should be accessible, long lasting, and ship to your door (not to mention beautiful!). We create innovative products that challenge the common convention of furniture and the experience buying it. The New York Times, Dwell Magazine, and GQ have all said nice things about us.
Where You Come In
We’re looking for hungry students who want to spend their summer internship having a huge impact. From June - August you won’t just be an Intern, you’ll be a real working member of our mighty lean team. You’ll feel all the startup feels and get to cut your teeth on real business challenges.
A huge part of being on the team at Floyd is making your own initiatives and having the passion and perseverance to see them through. Therefore, we’re giving you the unique opportunity to build your own internship. We know there is a ton of talent out there, so we want to hear how you would approach your summer at Floyd! Pitch how you would help in one (or more) of the following areas: Supply Chain, Marketing, Product Design, Technology, Customer Experience, Finance.
Have a specific interest or expertise? Let us know! Come get your hands dirty while helping to build Floyd.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with a Floyd vertical & develop your own internship with the supervision and guidance of the team
- Take projects from idea to execution flawlessly
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills
- Show exceptional initiative, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Bring structure to undefined procedures
This Might Describe You
- Analytical thinker
- Passion for design
- A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical-thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration
- Committed to values of accountability, transparency, creativity, and cooperation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and balancing multiple tasks at once
- Self-starter who is prepared to hit the ground running & doesn’t need their hand held
- Passion for learning & a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude!
- Competitive hourly salary
- Fun workspace and the opportunity to be a part of a growing, vibrant team
- Team outings!
In lieu of a cover letter, please submit answers to the following questions. Under 200 words, if possible please :)