4+ Years of Experience, Based in Detroit at Floyd HQ
Floyd is changing the way people buy and engage with furniture. Our products are built around the idea that furniture should be accessible, long lasting, and ship to your door (not to mention beautiful!). We create innovative products that challenge the common convention of furniture and the experience buying it. The New York Times, Dwell Magazine, and GQ have all said nice things about us.
Where You Come In
We are seeking a Financial Strategist to join the Floyd team! In this role, you will be responsible for the analysis and reporting of key financial performance metrics to senior leadership across the company to provide insights that drive strategic decision making. Key reporting activities will include preparing financial statements, cross-functional reporting, and identifying key areas of improvement across the value chain. Strategic planning activities will include developing robust financial models to evaluate key strategic initiatives across the company and providing key insights and recommendations to leadership. The Financial Strategist will report directly to the COO.
What You'll Do
- Create and maintain detailed financial models and forecasts to support short-term and long-term strategic planning
- Use hypothesis-driven approach to analyze financial performance and provide recommendations and insight to leadership team
- Review monthly accounting close, prepare / clean data and analyze monthly P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Develop and track KPIs to drive business performance and track growth initiatives
- Collaborate with Floyd team members on ad hoc financial analyses, reporting, and presentations
- Facilitate improved alignment and communication of goals/ performance metrics throughout the organization
- Support leadership in developing rolling company-wide budgeting across each vertical
This Might Describe You
- 4+ years professional experience in a highly analytical role from management consulting, investment banking, private equity, audit/accounting industries, and/or a comparable role at a startup
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong Excel and financial modeling skills a must!
- Understanding of accounting principles and fundamentals of financial statement analysis
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Eager to learn and take on new and varied responsibilities
- Hungry to take on responsibility and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Bi-annual company outings
In lieu of a cover letter, please submit answers to the following questions. Under 200 words, if possible please :)